The MOTO+PARA Emergency Transport Lab™ focuses on improvements to aircraft, vehicles, and vessels that can be used in new ways to get to, triage, treat and transport patients faster and better, no matter where they are.
These efforts include high-tech solutions for remote medicine, and team and patient safety.
Some examples of our R&D output are:
- Adapted motorcycles for EMTs, supplies, and patients on tiered litters, with superior shock absorption to minimize disruption and further injury, roll bars, etc.
- Helmet Head Up Display (HUD) aggregating technologies for communications, anti-fatigue, directional software, recording, advanced safety, remote assessment and electronic medical resources
- Amphibious all-terrain vehicles modified for emergency medical supplies and patient transport that can fit into rotary and fixed-wing transport units
- Amphibious aircraft such as flying boats and seaplanes for EMTs, supplies, and patients on tiered litters, including innovative propulsion, composite materials, fabrication and assembly methodologies
- Operating bases designed to be prefabricated modular, low-to-no carbon footprint, fully and semi-autonomous transportation with respect to transport and utility needs, including secure data centers, NOAA integration for emergency disaster crisis, sustainable staff quarters with health, fitness and nutrient-rich meal programs
Through the efforts of our research and development team, EMT’s can arrive on scene supplied with equipment, medicines, and medical information to treat patients who are bound by land barriers and terrain, or by waterways or floods. We also develop ways to protect our MOTO+PARA™ personnel and supplies for deployments where their safety could be at risk.
These new approaches developed by MOTO+PARA Labs™ allow EMT’s to treat patients expertly on-site, then transport them safely in our highly adapted vehicles — increasing positive patient outcomes unlike ever before.